This Cluster will have the members those who want to Export different types of Textile products. The cluster activities will be focused to promote Textile products export.
This cluster can join hands with following promotional councils.
- AEPC ( APPAREL Export Promotion Council)
- TEXPROCIL ( Cotton)
- SRETEPC ( synthetic)
- ISEPC (Silk)
- WOOLTEXPRO ( Wool)
The Textile sector is one of the largest employment provider in India employing more than 100 million people connected directly or indirectly to the textile industry.
- In recent years textile industry has suffered setbacks but has bounced back to show good growth rate due to the government policies which expedited the refund of GST levied on raw materials.
- The Government bodies and Council for promotion of Textile Exports are AEPC ( APPAREL Export Promotion Council), TEXPROCIL ( Cotton) ,SRETEPC( synthetic) ,ISEPC (Silk) and WOOLTEXPRO ( Wool)
- The Textile Cluster headed by Mr. Manesh Ponsekar and Mrs. Kaveri Kani is one of the active clusters of Export Promotion Centre with more than 100 members.
- The Textile Cluster of EPC supports the budding exporters to explore new opportunities by taking them to factory visits and Trade fairs in the state of Tamilnadu.
- Every year the Textile Cluster visits the Yarnex Expo which is held in the knitwear hub of India – Tirupur.
- In 2017 the Textile Cluster has visited Srilanka Yarn Fabric Expo and Malaysia Trade Expo . In 2017, Textile Cluster has arranged visits to Microfine Clothing Limited in Madurai, Cliffton Garments and Kasim Textile Mills Ltd in Madurai to explore the textile industry in Madurai.