This Cluster will have the members those who want to Export Coir Products. All the cluster activities will be focused to promote Coir products export.
They shall plan activities with Coir Export Promotion board- Coir Board.
India is the largest producer of Coir in the world and one of the leading Exporters of Coir Pith and allied products.
- The coir products in Tamilnadu are focussed mainly in areas like Pollachi, Tirunelveli, Kangeyam and Theni.
- The Coir Board is the statutory body established by Government of body for the development of Coir Industry and to promote exports of Coir and Coir products.
- The Exports of Coir products have increased in recent years as there is a high demand for Coir Pith in U.S.A and European Nations.
- The Coir Cluster of Export Promotion Centre ,Madurai is headed by Mr.Subburaj and Mr.Ramesh with more than 70 members have taken initiative to create awareness about the growth of Coir exports to the new exporters.
- The meetings and industrial visits are regularly arranged for the benefit of Coir Cluster members. In 2017, Coir Cluster visited coir factory in Vadipatti to understand the manufacturing process of coir products like coir pith, coir pots which are in high demand in export market.
- Coir Cluster members under guidance of Mr.Ramesh visited Kangeyam Coir Cluster in Sep 2018 to explore the new opportunities and products in near future.