This Cluster will have the members those who want to Export different types of Engineering products. The cluster activities will be focused to promote Engineering product exports.
This cluster can join hand with Engineering Export Promotion Council (EEPC) for cluster activities.Tamilnadu is one of the major manufacturing and export centres in Industries like Automobile, Steel and Industrial Machineries.
- The share of Engineering Exports in India’s total merchandise exports was estimated at 25.16 % during 2017-2018. USA and European Nations are most desired destinations for engineering products from India.
- EEPC India (Engineering Exports Promotion Council of India) is an organisation established by Government of India and has been the supporting body for the Exporters of Engineering Products.
- The Engineering Cluster under Export Promotion Centre, Madurai was formed in order to create awareness among the budding exporters to look for great potential in engineering sector.
- The Engineering cluster is headed by Mr. David Kamalesh Paul who has actively involved in various Industrial Visits and Cluster Meetings. He lead a Cluster Delegation Visit to Kenya in 2015 and Srilanka in 2016.
- With Engineering Exports on the rise, the Engineering Cluster plans to organise factory visits and to visit Trade Fairs like International Engineering Sourcing Show in the near future.