This Cluster will have the members those who want to sell Stone / Granite products to the International Market. All the cluster activities will be focused to promote Stone / Granite exports.
This cluster can join hands with Chemical and Allied Export Promotion Council (CAPEXIL) for cluster activities.
India’s granite resource accounts for 15% of world’s granite production. The last 10 years has seen an increase in export of granite and natural stones.
- The wide spectrum of natural stones like Marble, Sandstone, Granite, Limestone and Slate are found in states in North Western parts, North Eastern and in the Southern states.
- Tamilnadu is one of the leading producers of Granite with Black Granite Reserves found in Dharmapuri.
- India is the leading exporter of granite and other natural stones and the major buyer destination for natural stones is China, Italy and U.K.
- CAPEXIL (Chemical and Allied Export Promotion Council) is a non profit organisation set up by Government of India which promotes exports of various products which includes natural stones and allied products.
- The Stone Cluster of Export Promotion Centre, Madurai is headed by Mr. Rajkumar who possesses better understanding of granite and other allied sectors.
- The Stone Cluster had conducted various cluster meeting in previous years , a visit to Jaipur in 2015 and Preetham Granites in 2017 to educate the budding exporters about the potential of this Industry.
- Mr Rajkumar along with cluster members visited STONA 2018, an Exhibition in Bengaluru to understand the business opportunities in stone industry.