This Cluster will have the members those who want to Export Agro & Food products to the international market. All the cluster activities will be focused to promote Agro & Food products exports.
This cluster shall join hands with Govt. promotional councils like APEDA, TEA Board, COFFEE Board, MPEDA and IOPEPC for events and activities.
India is one of the largest producers of agricultural products in the world and second in terms of total food production globally.
- Tamilnadu is one of the largest producers of agro and horticulture products.
- Tamilnadu is the largest producer of bananas, second largest in dairy and poultry products and third largest in coffee and tea production.
- Tamilnadu is one among the leading states in India in rice production, milk production, mangoes, sesame and sugar cane production.
- The government bodies and councils who support the exports of Food and Agro products include APEDA, TEA Board, COFFEE Board, MPEDA and IOPEPC etc
- The Food and Agro Cluster of Export Promotion Centre ,Madurai is headed by Mr.Sai Subramanian who possesses a wide knowledge in Food sector and Agro Products. The main objective of Food and Agro Cluster is to tap the potential of food and agro sector thereby promoting exports.
- The cluster have taken initiative to visit Gulf Food Expo 2014, AJ Exports in 2015 and Food Grains Marketing Yard ,Sikkanthar Chavadi in 2017 to understand about food storage, processing and food packaging involved in the process.
- Cluster Meeting was arranged with Dhan Foundation to understand the potential of farmer producing companies and allied sectors.
- The Food and Agro Cluster have taken a step forward to conduct First ever International Expo on Food and Agro products titled as VIBRANT TAMILNADU 2018 partnering with YES, Global Network in association with TN Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- The Expo had a far reaching success on a global scale.The efforts taken by EPC Chairman Mr Thirupathi Rajan along with the Food and Agro Cluster is absolutely commendable. With more than 100 members, the Food Cluster is planning to take food and agro products exports to a greater level in coming years.